ABOUT THE POSITION:
Spark’s fellow will provide programs, grantmaking, and resource development assistance to the Executive Director and Program Director. The fellow will be involved in all aspects of non-profit operations including programming and fundraising.
The ideal candidate has strong written and oral communication skills, a passion for Spark’s mission, and an interest in non-profit operations. This position is 10 – 15 hours per week (flexible) and will take place during this Winter. Staff will complete all documentation required for college credit.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The Winter Fellow will work closely with the Spark team (Executive Director & Program Director).
• The role can include working in programs and resource development. Examples of responsibilities, depending on Fellow interest, could include: supporting our three committees, grantmaking processes, and key special events; contributing to the implementation of improved impact measurement tools and processes, and assisting with key communications projects. Possible tasks include:
Grantmaking & Social Impact Evaluations:
• Support implementation of a more streamlined, effective grantmaking process including grants policy, grantee application vetting & evaluation, and grantee reporting for impact measurement
• Assist with design, implementation and analysis of a refreshed grantee survey
• Support design of more robust onboarding process for new grantees
• Support design of a more robust pro bono tracking and implementation portal
• Assist in development of impact report and marketing materials
• Support development of new Spark website and membership portal
• Draft blogs to raise awareness for our grantees and current events within our field
• Support development and execution of social media plan, including drafting material for the content calendar and creating posts on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media as assigned
Committee Management & Programs Execution:
• Support planning and execution of our three monthly committees: Investment, Digital Strategy, and Events.
• Brainstorm content and facilitation approaches
• Take, edit, and distribute meeting notes
• Provide logistical support including set-up and tear-down, hand-outs and name badges, and catering for weekly meetings of 10-40 people
• Support event planning for special programming including film screenings, book clubs, fundraisers, and speaker series for 20 – 150 people.
• Assist staff with donor management in Salesforce
• Support development of new donor management tools and reporting
• Analyze donor reports and create campaigns for donor engagement utilizing learnings
We want to create a position that offers valuable experience in nonprofit management, philanthropy, and women’s human rights – allowing the Fellow to build long-term skills that are valuable in the long term.
This position is based in San Francisco, CA.
• Must be 21+
• Available to work week day nights (at Spark committees & events)
• Available 10 – 15 hours a week.
Spark does not discriminate against or harass any person employed or seeking employment on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion, pregnancy, medical condition, ancestry, marital status, age, or citizenship. This policy is intended to be consistent with the provisions of applicable State and Federal laws.
COMPENSATION: Volunteer & Course Credit.
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.