ABOUT THE POSITION:
We seek a Program Director to cultivate and grow Spark’s robust network through event planning, relationship building, and fundraising. The ideal candidate thrives in an entrepreneurial environment, is a natural community builder, loves the details, and has both a passion for social impact and a great sense of humor. The position will work closely with the leadership of the organization, including the Executive Director and the Board of Directors.
This position is based in San Francisco, CA.
• Reach Spark’s annual membership and network growth goals, in collaboration with the Executive Director and Board.
• Work with the Executive Director to plan and implement Spark’s programming with goals that reflect our Theory of Change.
• Use metrics to track, evaluate, and improve Spark’s programming outcomes.
• Engage, manage, and collaborate with volunteers, members, donors, and partners.
IDEAL CANDIDATE SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Business-savvy with 3+ years preferred of relevant professional full-time work experience.
• Comfortable working collaboratively with staff, volunteers, donors, members, grantees and community partners.
• Event management experience including planning, execution, and evaluation.
• Project management experience including planning, implementation, and evaluation.
• Volunteer management experience.
• Demonstrated passion for gender equality and philanthropy.
• Self-starter, resourceful, operates well with limited direction and oversight.
• Great instincts: can tell a captivating story, build relationships and establish deep rapport.
• Excellent written communication skills, especially as it relates to marketing, social media, fundraising, and PR needs.
• Strong public speaking skills, with interest in contributing to social innovation and next gen philanthropy dialogues.
• Fluency with donor databases, ideally Salesforce.com.
• Strong Bay Area network of young professionals.
• Flexible, self-reliant, and excited about being a part of a fast paced, non-profit start up environment.
• Ability to attend conferences, contribute to publications, and design new programs for the Spark community.
• Sense of humor.
• English fluency (written and spoken). Additional language capabilities are preferred.
• Ability to legally work in the U.S. for two years.
• Available to work nights and weekends (when many Spark programs are held).
• Must be able to pass a background check.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer.
• Must possess mobility to attend meetings and events at various sites.
• Must have strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to 40pounds.
Spark does not discriminate against or harass any person employed or seeking employment on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion, pregnancy, medical condition, ancestry, marital status, age, or citizenship. This policy is intended to be consistent with the provisions of applicable state and federal laws.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Spark offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills.
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit your CV, a thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in Spark, and where/how you found out about this career opportunity. Email a PDF copy of your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please write your name and the title for this position (“Your Name–PROGRAM DIRECTOR”) in the subject line of your email. Incomplete applications (without cover letter and resume) will not be considered.
Apply by: November 10, 2017.