MEMBERSHIP: All members receive voting privileges, leadership opportunities, and discounted admission to all Spark events. All levels are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law. Learn about the benefits at each level here.
GRANTEES: This year Spark members have thoughtfully chosen a mix of women’s grassroots organizations based in our local chapters (SF and NYC) and around the globe from Cameroon to India and Peru. Your contributions can make the following possible for our 2016 grantees:
- $25 sponsors a workshop that provides pregnant sex workers education on safe sex methods, legal support, and health care services in South Africa
- $50 provides support for a survivor of domestic abuse San Francisco.
- $75 sponsors a women’s club in rural Cameroon, a safe place to discuss unjust policies.
- $75 also provides a girl with a place to read, safe from violence, in Liberia.
- $100 sponsors a full day of career training for out-of-school girls in Uganda.
- $250 provides income for an incarcerated female artisan in Peru
- $500 sponsors trained birth doulas to serve low-income mothers in NYC.
- $1,000 helps fund a bilingual tech instructor to teach human trafficking survivors programming skills in San Francisco.